I am 26 years old! So far it has been pretty darn good, I really can't complain. Besides the fact that my body seems to be already giving out (I am having back issues). Hopefully it is just going through a little quarter life crisis and will get back with the program soon!
We celebrated a few days early with my parents. They drove to our house and the cake only half way made it...
Oops! Dad I think you definitely were practicing your hot-rod skills!
But I'm all about taste, and boy was it yummy!
Here I am the next morning wearing my birthday necklace to church.
(Thanks mama)
Then on my actual birthday I was spoiled again!
John had to work that morning (he leaves super early), but he still surprised me with breakfast and it was even equipped with candles!
BOTH of the kids fell asleep in the car and transferred to their bedrooms without waking up, a true birthday miracle, and I got to enjoy some "me" time while laying out in the backyard. If you knew me before having children, you know that this was one of my favorite things to do. It is hard to find time to get my tan on nowadays.
The pup accompanied me.
He took me out to a lovely dinner that evening while his parents watched the kids, then we went back to our house and celebrated with his parents and enjoyed another yummy cake, Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake!!
Here is me and my little helper blowing out the candles.
Phew, I think that made me lightheaded!
And even after giving John the line, "Don't get me anything for my birthday, I don't need anything." (Who was I kidding, of course I want something for my birthday!!!) He got me a pair of shoes I was eyeing a couple weeks before! What a good husband for listening to me come home from the mall with a, "Oh my gosh, I saw the CUTEST cheetah Vans, I want them...but don't worry I didn't get them!!"
Here is to many, many more birthdays! I love you all and thank you so much for those of you who celebrated with me whether it was in person, or through a phone call, text, fb message, etc. You are awesome and definitely know how to make a girl feel special. xoxoxoxoxo










No comments:
Post a Comment