Who me? I have a kid that is old enough for preSCHOOL? What?! No way! Isn't that unreal, that this little baby boy is old enough for school?

Okay, I am done digressing. But the moment I dropped him off at preschool every single one of these memories started flooding my mind and I was so overwhelmed with emotions. Time moves so fast it is both heartbreaking and joyful. I am so grateful that this little baby has grown into such an amazingly wonderful preschooler.
Can you tell how excited he was? I was nervous for him to go, both because it just means he is growing up and because he often times gets nervous or shy in new situations. It was such a relief to have him be so excited about preschool though.
I held back my tears the entire drive to the school. I knew I needed to keep cool while he could still see me and while talking with his teacher, etc. When we pulled up I saw his excitement slightly melt away and his nerves kick in. That did me in. My lip started to quiver. I had to fight so hard for those tears not to come pouring out. I reassured him that he was going to have a great day and that I would be back to get him. He held the teacher's hand and off he went. The teacher turned to tell me that I could walk him in if I wanted, but by this point the tears were rolling out and he was totally fine, so I smiled and gave her the "It's alright, I'm good" nod.
Well, I went and picked him up 4 hours later and he was as happy as can be. He said he had the best day ever, so we topped it off with some frozen yogurt, with sprinkles and gummy bears...yummy.
Don't tell anyone, but I may, or may not have sat on the couch and cried for 3 1/2 of the 4 hours he was gone. What else was I suppose to do while he was gone and Lola was napping? Don't worry I have quickly found many, many things to keep me company during those 4 hours now.







Ok I almost cried reading this just thinking of Eli going in a couple years. Why do they have to grow up so fast?! Glad it has gotten easier…I am sure you actually look forward to those 4 hours some days ;)
ReplyDelete