John played on a flag football team for work. We went to the Police Olympics for a weekend and cheered him on.
We played lots and pulled out every trick in the book to entertain both kids while at the fields. It was hard with Lola because she wasn't walking yet and there really was just dirt everywhere, but we survived and had a nice getaway.
There were a few teams from different fire departments too.
Colt was working on his snapping skills. We have to keep the snapping tradition alive!
He's a natural.
The only pic I took of the team.
John had team meetings, so the kiddos and I strolled around Mission Bay.
Colt found a bench!
There was a section of statues of little kids playing and Colt was very intrigued. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud! I did snap pics though. He did all of this without any encouragement from me. He didn't even know I was taking pictures. So funny, try not to laugh!
This guy walked by and asked if I wanted him to take my picture with Colt. I said, "no thanks", no offense to the statues, but that isn't really my thing, and the guy thought I was crazy for saying no, but I really didn't want to be in the statue pics, and more importantly I didn't want to interrupt Colt, I was having too much fun watching him!
The moment we got to San Diego Colt asked when we were going to go to the beach, so we made a little trip down there after dinner.
We went on a carousel ride and it took everything in me not to throw up.
The next day we went to Coronado Island and played at the beach there.
We buried Lola.
Then Colt.
Me and my lover.
We finished off our fun weekend with a surprise visit to the Rainbow Factory Store! John surprised me, because he knew I wanted a new pair. What a good hubby!
Colt and I got some new sandals.
Even though we were in our hotel room and couldn't do anything past 8:00 (including watch t.v.), because of our sleeping children, and even though Lola doesn't sleep anywhere but in her crib at home, we had a nice time, and made some fun memories.




















No comments:
Post a Comment