2 weeks! Yes, 2 weeks until the baby will be here! Hold on one second while I go scream...aaaahhhhhhhhhh. Okay, thanks I'm back. Although part of me (more on the physical side) is so ready for baby girl to be here and for me to not be pregnant anymore, the other part of me is not ready.
The "material" side of things, like the clothes, blankets, burp, cloths, BOWS, etc. side is almost ready. I finally got most of the things she will need right away washed, so I can now get our hospital bags ready. And a big fear and it still gives me anxiety right now as I type this is bows! I haven't experienced the accessory side of life with a baby, so just when I think I am prepared, I realize I either don't have a bow to match a certain outfit, or I haven't even gone through the bows that I do have and matched one to her coming home from the hospital outfit. I understand that is SO ridiculous to even have as a concern, but I can't help it I am adventuring into an entirely new and different experience than my baby boy newborn that only required a onesie, or a cute outfit and voila, and it is making me nervous...excited, but very, very nervous that I am going to forget something!
AND speaking of onesies!! I don't have any newborn onesies? Should I? I have cute skirts and outfits, but a pack of onesies I do not have...oh boy, now I'm stressing again and the anxiety is kicking in. Do you see why she should probably just come so I can just deal with what I have, and realize that these are all minor concerns?
Here is a pile of the the clothes that I do have, thanks to all of the wonderful people who have showed their love for this baby before she is even here, it truly is amazing. I went through and sorted them by size to see what I needed. Peach thought they were for her and made herself at home in the 6 month pile.
Here is Colt practicing how to hold his baby sister. Peach is thrilled to be the guinea pig. We should probably work on it a little more, he seems to have the choke hold down, not so much the newborn baby hold. A+ for trying though!
Here are some pictures from both of my baby showers.
This first shower is from my hometown.
And this shower is from our current town.
I haven't taken many pictures of this pregnancy, here is one, but because of the angle you can't really see the big ol' belly.
It really was so touching to see my family and friends come together and celebrate the arrival of baby girl. It means so much to me to always have and feel the love and support from so many during all of these special moments in my little family's life. I had friends and family that I have known for years come and support me, and others that I have just met, or even some that came to my shower to meet me (we just moved into a new area/ward(church terms) and they threw me a shower)! It feels like the "village" comes together during these times and helps prepare you to raise your child.
I just came across this picture while I was picture hunting for this post and thought I would share this adorablness in all its glory with you! It's a dress that I saw at target, it's the Gwen Stefani brand "Harajuku Minis" it pretty much sums me up and I think baby girl needs it. I will be checking back frequently for it to go on sale...it was quite pricey and I can't get myself to pay full price. But awesome, right?
And here is a sneak peak of a little outfit I crocheted her for newborn pictures. It's a little elf beanie and a diaper ruffle diaper cover. I am very limited on models for the stuff I make so this time I went with the adorable Pink Sock Monkey that my aunt made me.
So cute right?! And to give you a little bit of background, if you don't already know, I have a strange obsession with monkeys, always have and always will. I love them!
Stay tuned for more baby news!







CANNOT believe you will have 2 kids anytime now!!!! Ant wait to see pics of baby girl. Good luck! You are so crafty....I love the outfit you crocheted. And great model :)
ReplyDeleteok, you are adorable! And I can't believe you crocheted all of those adorable things for her! You are amazing and should open up an etsy shop, or add them to your car seat covers!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pictures of babygirl!!!