Lola Mae is here!
She was born September 12 at 8:47 p.m.
And weighed in at 7lbs. and was 20" long.
*She shares a birthday with her wonderful Nana (my mom), who was able to be in the room with us, that was very special.*
I was induced Wednesday morning. We checked in at 8:00 a.m and my Dr. came by shortly after that to break my water. About an hour later I got my epidural and then they started the pitocin.
My Dr. and nurses thought that I would have her for sure by 4:00p.m. at the latest. Apparently, the way she was positioned, etc. were all in my favor for a quick labor.
WRONG!
Although, it wasn't as long as my last labor with Colt, 17 hours, it was still a 12 hour process. I have concluded that I will not be one to have a baby in the car on the way to the hospital. My only complaint would be that I was hungry, since you can't eat once your admitted, but I'll take that as my only complaint.
Here is John's ADD at work. Being in a hospital room for too long will get to ya. I kept telling him to go for a walk, and he said, "Why, so I can see all of the other zombies out there?" He quickly assured me that he wasn't calling me a zombie, just everyone else. Glad we cleared that one up.
Her stats are on the screen in the background.
John holding her for the first time. I think that he was already smitten.
Getting her gorgeous locks washed. I saw all of her hair in the back (all of the 1" long hair) flowing in the water.
Getting styled. I still can't believe how much hair she has, and how dark it is. She is my little brunette beauty.
My loves, my everything.
Here is the proud big brother!
Lola gave Colt a big brother gift! He couldn't have been happier about her choice in toys, a firetruck!
Me and my children! That makes me sound real old...multiple children?! Wow, I love it though!
Mother daughter love.
I maybe brought about 7 different bows to the hospital, crazy I know, so I had to sneak her beanie off and put the big ol' flower on. It is just too fun! I sent these pictures to my mom and she said, "playing dress up already?" Yes, yes I was at 1 day old, it has already started! Kristin (my dear best friend) came to the hospital and I put her to work behind the camera while I changed Lola's bows. That's what best friends are for.
Colt looking not so sure about this little human.
Big brother Colt holding Lola.
He says several times a day, "I hold her." He is a good helper already.
Me and the kids getting ready to leave the hospital.
Me the morning I had Lola. My nerves and emotions were running wild!
Lola and I after the fact.
Little miss Lola Mae, welcome to our family. We are so thrilled and blessed to call you ours. You are a special little girl who has such a sweet spirit and demeanor already. We love you more than you will ever know.
Our first picture of a family of four!








No comments:
Post a Comment