Monday, April 9, 2012

One BIG Easter Post!

We kicked off the Easter weekend with an Easter egg hunt at the park with our friends.  Colt was awesome and way more into the hunt than I would have thought. 
He thought it was so cool that there were treats inside the eggs!  We sat on the bench and eagerly opened each egg to see what was awaiting our tummies....
  • raisins
  • gold fish
  • pretzels
  • dried fruit
  • crackers
  • FRUIT SNACKS! (his surprise of choice) 
Then the sun took over and we captured a few of Colt's awesome, the sun is in my eyes, faces:

And there goes his attention span for the Easter eggs.

Off to none other than the steering wheel!  He has had an obsession with, not only cars, but actually driving, for months now.  The forbidden words of our household:
  1. Keys (even the jingle of the keys)
  2. Car
  3. Outside  
Any one of these 3 words (or sounds) set off a monster!  Usually when I take him to the park he wants to go in the parking lot and drive the cars.  Today he cooperated quite well at the park and was really feeling the slide!

AND the big boy swing!
It is a rare occasion when he shows interest in the swings, and it usually only lasts until I just about put his legs in the baby seat for the swing and he freaks out and doesn't want to go in.  This little man does not like to be restricted.  Baby swing=highchair=torture.

BUT we found out that he LOVES the big boy swing.  It was quite the challenge to get him on it though.  He wanted his body to be straight and the swing would move, you should have seen me trying to get his booty and the swing to meet.   I was feeling a little bit on the short bus side. But nonetheless we did it and look at how happy he was!

Here is our handsome little guy on Easter morning.
Daddy and Colt
Mommy, Colt, and white legs
I love his little profile.

This picture just makes me laugh.

We went to John's Grandparent's house for Easter dinner.

Here is Colt showing off his 6-pack.
playing on the putting green
John in a serious golf game.  Or I guess it would be putting game.  Who knows I'm not a golfer and definitely don't know the lingo (I had to google "putting green" to make sure that is what it is really called...sshhhhhh.  It looks like the word "put" though doesn't it?  SO confusing, I'm done now.)
Colt in a serious golf game.
The guys.

On to tennis.
Throwing the ball.
Look at that form!  Way to follow through buddy.
The time has finally come...Easter baskets!!!
But really, look at those cheeks and all of that adorableness!!
He found his golden egg!
And the lady of the hour herself.  
~Grandma Hunt/Gigi~
Our little family. 

I am so grateful for this Easter season.  I am grateful for Jesus Christ and the Atonement, and that through Christ I can return to my father in Heaven and live for eternity with my family.  There is no greater gift in this world than the knowledge that I have of my Savior and of his plan for me.  It gives me peace and reassurance in this hectic world that we live in.  

On another note:
Because this post was so long it deserves a bloopers section!


 


1 comment:

  1. his little Easter outfit is just about the cutest thing ever. and the bloopers section? amazing! he is adorable and you are gorgeous, as usual...

    ReplyDelete