Friday, July 1, 2011

Colt's 1st Birthday Extravaganza Part 1

It seems like just yesterday I was using half of the box of wipes, while awkwardly changing Colt's diaper, hoping that the nurse didn't think I was a bad mom for not being able to change his diaper under 10 seconds flat. 17,450,583,459,830 diapers later I feel like a pro and can't quite remember life without diaper changes, bedtime stories, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, toys and baby gear taking over our apartment, etc., etc., etc., and I absolutely love and wouldn't change it for the world.

Colt was definitely taken very good care of by our family for his 1st birthday. He not only had one big birthday celebration, but two!

I went to the dentist the other day and the hygienist was asking how his birthday was and said that the first birthday is more for the parents than the baby. She said it's kind of like a, "Look we did it, our baby made it to 1 year!" I laughed and completely agreed.

[warning: extreme cheesiness ahead]

I feel like I am showing off my prize flower that I fed and watered and it actually grew, but wait, it not only grew, it bloomed into something extraordinarily beautiful, inside and out!! Now that is something to be proud of!


Here is the adorable mini cake that my mom made for the Colt-man himself. He loves bananas, so I thought we had to make a hummingbird cake.



And of course I had to make Mickey Mouse cake pops!

(I only made a few and we made a few stops on our way to my parents and they melted, this was the only partial survivor of the bunch)

John helping blow out the candle.
John speeding up the "dig in the cake" process haha.

Yummy!
Doesn't he just make you smile?
Colt gives the best kisses. It just melts my heart. He will pucker his lips and everything!
Look at that belly.
My grandparents.
The boys of the house.
The blue-eyed Birthday boy!!Action shots.



Me and my big boy.

The face behind all of these photos...a.k.a. my best, Kristin (Colt prefers to call her Auntie Kristin..if he could talk).

Family photo.
Singing Happy Birthday to Colt. He LOVES clapping, hence us all clapping for him at the beginning. I am pretty sure he was in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. awww Britty, he is soooo cute!! I CANNOT believe he is one, that is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete