Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Idaho love

Call me crazy, but I took my almost 1 year old on a road trip to Idaho. I did NOT want to miss a chance of seeing my family in Idaho, and for them all to meet Colt. So in one way it was an easy decision for me to say, "Yes, of course I will go!", but then, when I would really think about being in a car for 16 hours with Colt, another part of me would kind of, sort of freak out! Well when it was all said and done, I decided on going, and I am so glad that I did.

Bright and early Thursday morning. Colt was a little sleepy and definitely had no idea what was in store for the next 16 hours (we actually made it in about 15.5 hours, but I think after about 10 hours in a car it's all the same).
He did so surprisingly well! My little non-sleeping baby only slept 2 of the 15.5 hours and was rather cheerful the other 13.5.

We played with toys.

We sang songs (I am pretty sure I went through every farm animal imaginable 10 times thanks to old McDonald).

We played peek-a-boo.

And eventually made it to and from Idaho safe and sound.

On Friday we went to my cousin, Marcey's, wedding. The wedding was at a beautiful outdoor location, and the weather was perfect.

John may have gotten a few texts that said, "I love it here, I could really move here!" I think that pretty much made his wildest dreams come true, and I am also pretty sure that he is still in shock about that. I think his reply was, "What happened to you?" Haha, I lived in Utah for 4.5 years and I REALLY do not like the snow/cold, so for him to get that text was kind of a big deal. He absolutely loves the more "mountainy" states. Okay, let's get real here, he really just loves the fact that they are more "gun friendly" states. But anyways, I really did fall in love with Idaho this trip...who knows, maybe someday we will be Idahoans.

Colt had a blast hanging out with Papa (my dad).

Twinsies.
My Grandpa, Dad, Colt and my brother Brock
Uncle Brock and Colt looking at the Chickens.Colt and Nana (my mom).
Me and my amazing mom.

The little guy and I.
Colt toddling (I love saying that for some strange reason, maybe because the word kind of just rolls off of the tongue).
He's not so happy about being plopped in the middle of the hay field. He didn't want to touch the hay, so he wouldn't put his hands down to stand up. This = perfect picture taking moment, because he was staying still! Sorry little dude, sometimes a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

I went picture crazy one day, then completely slacked off all of the others, I could kick myself! Oh well, I guess.

Here are a few of Colt having the time of his life with Papa on the slide.



My Aunt Kim with Colt, and my cousin Shelbey's little girl, Kinsley. I think they were a little tired...it is hard being a "toddler."
This picture cracks me up, because my child does not sleep during the day, especially randomly on a trampoline! Aunt Kim, you are hired!

I had such a wonderful time being with family. So many great memories were made during this trip. I am so grateful for such a loving and supportive family, and extended family.

John wasn't able to take off of work, so we already want to plan another trip when he can go visit too!

1 comment:

  1. You are brave! I have yet to take Owen on a road trip by myself, I'm too scared! Hope you guys are doin great, Colt is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete