Friday, October 29, 2010

Growing Like a Beanstalk

I recognize that the common saying is "growing like a weed", but whenever I picture this saying in my head I see a beanstalk, and come on isn't a beanstalk so much cuter than a weed? So Colt is growing like a beanstalk!

Colt is now 4 months old! Honestly I really can't even believe how old that not only sounds, but is! The doc (who completely reminds me of Dr. House, you know from the t.v. show House. I do an inside smirk every time he walks in the exam room) said Colt looks good and healthy. He weighed in at a whopping 18 lbs. and was 27 1/2 inches. The nurse asked if my husband was tall (John loved that by the way). The doc said that Colt is in the 95th percentile for both his height and weight and was the perfect weight for his height.....cool, I'm just glad he's healthy!


Here is my big boy before his appointment
We got the okay to start rice cereal. So far Colt is a champ. I have to be speedy with the spoon, he likes to lunge his whole face toward it. He gets a little too excited over food (I'm pretty sure he inherited that from me).


He loves his jumper! Two weeks ago he could hardly touch the floor with the very tip of his big toe. Now his little feet are flat! No wonder he has been a difficult, non-sleeping, fussy an eventful baby.
We can't wait for Colt's next food adventure (carrots). Hopefully premiering sometime this week!

2 comments:

  1. Awww he IS getting so big!! He's completely adorable!!! YAY I finally get to meet him next month!!!!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britlyn, little Colt is so darling! It's so fun when they get to start eating food. Plus you feel so good about giving them all those fruits and vegetables, especially when it's a zillion times more challenging once they get older. I hope I get to meet him next month! I'm a little bit of a baby hoarder. Just warning you.

    ReplyDelete