Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easter Pre-Game 2013

Easter lasted a few days around here.  

We first kicked it off with a fun Easter egg hunt/play date for Colt.

 Here he is about ready to go out and hunt for eggs!
Do you see those 3 lonesome eggs in his basket?  Well, there were a ton of eggs and Colt ran to one and was so excited to see what was inside that he plopped himself right down on the grass and opened it up and would eat the treats, then go find another.  Mama bear's anxiety was kicking in as I was seeing all of the eggs disappear, "Colt stop opening them and go get more eggs!!"  "You can open them after!" 
No worries, one of his little buddies saw that he was running low on eggs and shared the wealth.
Here is the whole gang.
My cute boy!

A couple of days later we had another Easter egg hunt and this time he was much better at the gathering of eggs part.
He even played "pin the tail on the bunny"!



Then we had an Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's house!  This time Colt was the only one hunting so he *really* got some eggs.




Princess Peach. She reminds us of a bunny.
The kiddos with Grandma and Pa
One fun thing about being married and combining your life with another person is learning new family traditions for different occasions.  Now that we have a little family of our own we have started to instill some of those same traditions with our children, and we have even added some new ones.  I have heard about "the golden egg" for quite some time now and that is a tradition that was passed down to Colt this Easter.  I think John was just as excited as Colt to find it!
Our family Easter pic.  Don't I just have the cutest little family?  I can't help but smile when I see this picture!
Can you spy Peach?
I love this picture.
These cuties and their Easter baskets from Grandma and Pa


No comments:

Post a Comment