I have mentioned before how fun holidays are with kids, it is like being a kid again, but even better! I get double the excitement watching the kids faces light up. This year has been extra fun, since Colt is a little bit older and able to understand concepts a little bit better. I'm not quite sure that he completely understands the holidays, but he sure does understand PRESENTS and CANDY!!
With that being said I kind of skimped by on St. Patrick's Day. I felt like Colt was still processing Valentine's Day, just to have another holiday to try and grasp the concept of and explaining leprechauns to him...yeah that sounded like a lot of work and a lot of prep, so I opted for the last minute "Hey, its St. Patrick's Day today so we are going to wear green!" He thought that was pretty cool and fun, but leprechauns beware, next year we are putting you to work!
My smiley girl, Lola, was tired can you tell?
My awesome friend sent me a text and said that she had made an extra bow tie for St. Patrick's Day and wanted to know if I wanted it for Colt! I jumped all over that one, and look how cute he looked in it!
John was at work all day so we went on a walk after church to a little park by us.
This was Colt's creation at the park. He found sticks and would make a pile of the dirt and then stick them in it. I found it quite humorous to watch, it was quite the task. I thought it kind of reminded me of crop circles for some reason. Someone was going to see them and think what is that?!? Strange alien business.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
**AND**
A big Happy Birthday to Grandma Hunt (and my great Grandma Peel)!



No comments:
Post a Comment