Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Mine

I have always loved Valentine's Day simply because of the colors ( I LOVE pink and red together) and also because I love hearts!

In college my mom would send me the best packages on all of the holidays, including Valentine's Day, with coordinating holiday treats. I have a pair of heart socks that she sent me one of the years and they are my all time favorite, holes and all, I still wear them weekly. And who knew you can now get peeps for every holiday *hooray*. Although, I think my taster has matured they don't seem to hit the spot
as much as they used to...darn that thing called growing up.

These are cute...possible replacements for next year?
They still scream eat me!
So now that I am a mom myself every holiday seems so much more important with the little Colt man around. These are all of his first holidays and will obviously shape how he feels about the given day for the rest of his life! He is going to look back on pictures from his first (insert holiday here) and ooh and ahh at how much fun he had and definitely analyze and notice the hard work his mother put into his outfit. Okay, maybe this will be more like what I do when he is grown and out of the house. Either way...no pressure or anything?!

disclaimer #1: There may be sarcasm used in the above statement, and throughout this lovely post...keep that in mind.

So we thought we'd kick off the holiday right and start celebrating it on Saturday! Okay mainly because that is John's day off, not because we are holiday over-achievers. We went to the park during the day.

My Valentines
Colt's FIRST time on a swing (See just another first that has to be documented, call me crazy). He wasn't so sure at first, but definitely warmed up to it!
If you look closely you can see all 4 of his teeth, 2 top and 2 bottom.
Just soaring through the air and lovin' every minute of it
And his first time on a slide.

John insisted on taking him on the big twisty slide. I then turned into "nervous Nelly"

Side note: At this point my allergies had completely taken over my life, a.k.a. my eyes and nose.

~Fastforward~

I would now like to introduce to you Colt's first Valentine's Day!

Drum roll please...

The checklist for Colt's perfect first Valentine's Day:

  1. Wear red
Wait, wear RED? He doesn't have any red! I mean we did go to BYU and our rival's colors were red, and red still may, or may not, be allowed in our home. And the two red shirts that managed to squeeze their way into his wardrobe no longer fit. Wait for it...

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay, I feel better now. When in doubt, accessorize! Too bad I can't just stick a big red bow on his head. This thought ran through my mind more than once. John has this saying about adapting and overcoming so that is what I did. Hunny be proud *wink*. Boy accessories...red Vans and red tie, you two ARE going to work for today's outfit(s)!

Photo shoot!

Workin' the camera

*outfit change*

Hello two bottom teeth!
My little monster
Bashful
Rough day at the office

*disclaimer #2 - crawling leads to lots of bumps and bruises on the head, hence that little booger on the left side of his forehead that keeps popping up in the first Valentine's Day pictures, sigh, what's a mom to do?

All in all we had a lovely Valentine's weekend. John and I even managed to slip away for dinner on Saturday night, thanks to his parents who watched Colt. We both were missing him like crazy the entire time. It was however, very nice to not have to partake in the "one bite for you, one bite for me" bit. I was able to give my full undivided attention to my meal and not take breaks to feed someone else (and I'm talking about Colt here, not John).

Now go give somebody a hug and let's keep the Valentine's Day spirit for the rest of the year.
xox






6 comments:

  1. I love this post I love colt I love v-day I love it all!!! Each pic I saw of colt I kept thinking 'oh my that is so cute THAT is the pic I'll comment about' BUT then the cuteness just kept coming and I couldn't choose just one. HE is so STINKIN cute I heart him! He has gotten so big! He's not a baby he's a little man, and I LOVE it. G says holla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too am a holiday over achiever, it is okay! i just want to die over his hard day at the office pic- LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him!!! He is so adorable. Already a ladies mad. Just remember that he is already taken. He can have either one of my girls. I'll even let him pick! :) Loved your post. Happy (late) valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable!! I love the "rough day at the office" look, haha, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is the cutest! I love the red vans! Glad you had a good Valentines!

    ReplyDelete