Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Proud to be an American Baby

Colt has had a lot of firsts lately: first "solid food", first Halloween, and now his first voting experience. We (Colt and I) walked in our designated voting destination and everyone just ate Colt up! He was greeted with oohs and aahs and an "I voted" sticker (secretly I have always had a thing for those stickers. I have a hard time parting with them. I try to choose very wisely on what to stick it on).

I voted, Colt was good, AND we were sent off with 2 more stickers...now that my friends, was a good day.

And here he is, the future 2065 president of the United States.
Have you seen that commercial where they announce the president of the United States, and then rewind to the beginning of his existence and show his parents meeting on the subway because the guy changed his ticket at the last minute? I think it is for a wireless network. John makes fun of me, but I just LOVE that commercial, and every time I say, "That could be Colt!"

On a different note, the premiere of carrots is finally here! Colt was feeling really cool and started flashing gang signs for the camera.
We don't say "cheese" we say "what up", with an occasional "holla".

And here he is eating sweet potatoes.
So far he has indulged in carrots, green beans, bananas, and sweet potatoes. Out of these 4 the only one he has shown a reaction to (not allergic, just preference to taste) was bananas. He did not go bananas for bananas. All of the other ones, even green beans, which looked a little on the nasty side, you would have never even known he wasn't eating his bland rice cereal, let alone trying a flavorful food for the first time!

And here Colt is again just having the time of his life in his new walker (thank you cousin Easton)!


3 comments:

  1. He is growing up so fast! I love that he voted:) Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that commercial too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love that smile, btw, he's a total cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing when I see that commercial... but I haven't had the 2068th president yet! Your family is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete