Monday, July 16, 2012

Idaho Round 2

Well Colt did so well last year on our Idaho trip, that when my parents asked if I wanted to go again this year I was so so tempted to say YES right away, but then it was so so scary thinking about my baby who is now one year older, more opinionated, more determined, and a little bit more...well, you know 2 years old!  After much thought and images of him absolutely having meltdowns on the drive, I made a last minute decision and said yes!!  Off to Idaho Colt and I went.  Unfortunately John had to work, so he couldn't join us.

A few hours in we made our first pit stop and Colt had to test out the motorcycles (my dad and his friends were going up for a race).
He slept very little, maybe a total of 3 hours for the entire 21 hour drive there.  That just shows you how little of a sleeper our little guy is, sigh.
You can never have enough Toy Story.  He was watching Toy Story on the iPad while holding Woody and Buzz.  When he as awake, he was surprisingly very good for the long drive.

Late that night we reached Filer where we spent a little time the net morning at some family's house.  

Colt thinking the horsies are pretty darn cool!
If you look closely you can see the "moo's" aka cows.  If you can't tell by Colt's face, that was his favorite part!
Getting ready for the perfect landing of his booty on the rock...
...And he missed it.
He got back on the horse and conquered the ultimate task of sitting-on-the-rock.  Way to go buddy, Momma and Daddy are proud!

Having the time of his life.
Still thinking life is pretty good.
Totally over it. 
The guys watching the helmet cam footage of the race.
(My dad, Colt, Brock, and Uncle Marc)
We took pictures of all gun signs and sent them to Johnny.
(Can you spot it?)
"We want your guns"
We missed John, but between the Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, and all of the gun stores that we passed daily, his presence was felt.

My dad, Grandpa, and Colt went up to the races the second day. 

And the drive home began. 
As always I didn't take enough pictures!  I do this every time that I see family and don't realize until after.  But the memories are there and they are great.
Thank you Mom and Dad for letting Colt and I tag along.

No comments:

Post a Comment