Colt's first masterpiece drawing. He worked on this work of art for a good 30 minutes. I kept waiting for his little attention span to reach its limit, but he kept going, and going. His favorite part was switching color pencils every 2 seconds. His transition speed was quite impressive.

He loves going outside. He will bring his shoes to me, then say "eeeehhhhh", followed by him walking to the front door, banging on it, and then another "eeeehhhhhhh." I am very impressed with his persistence and ability to communicate with me (the other day I tried to put it off so I played with his shoes when he would bring them to me and tried distracting him, but 20 minutes later he was still very adamant that we go outside... he won). He has a little bit of a strong personality, to say the least.
We went on a walk and these are the things that were noteworthy to Colt. He carried each of these to me...maybe they were my gifts for taking him outside? What a little schmoozer he is.
These are his favorite toys (along with all of my pots and pans). He carries them around all day and will pretend to stir things with them.
*I am currently missing a lid to one of my pans and all of my 1/4 c. measuring cups. If found please return*
The sounds that Colt makes have been changing lately. He has been putting different syllables together and is practicing his "talking" a lot. I picked him up to change his diaper and said, "you are stinky." He thought that was so funny and started laughing. I kept saying it and would wave my hand in front of my nose and this was his response.
I love seeing the different traits/characteristics of John and I in Colt. It always makes me take a step back and think, Wow, I made that! It reminds me that he is a little piece of us, and that we are a little piece of our parents, etc., etc. What an amazing and beautiful thing that is. With that being said, Colt has Johns exact feet! Every time I trim his toe nails (Colt's, not John's...ha, that would be interesting) I just laugh at how Colt's toes are John's toes.
I thought I would spare you from having to look at adult feet, which clearly are not as cute as baby feet, so there is no picture of John's feet for comparison purposes. But, you can just trust me, they look exactly like Colt's just aged a few years.
The adventures of our day end with a bath. Normally bath time consists of him standing up and playing with the shower knob, or poking at the drain. He really could care less about the water, or any of his bath toys. But tonight was a different story! It was as though he just discovered the water.
Here he is splashing his little heart out.
Look at those waves!
This picture doesn't really show how soaked I really was, but let me tell you, I was soaked and so was the rest of the bathroom.
| *Oops I forgot to smile, or even look up for that matter. |
After reflecting on each of these events it has become even more apparent to me that my baby really isn't a baby anymore! He is drawing, collecting things on walks, exploring, trying to talk, being crazy in the bath tub...he is a little boy! Sometimes I just want time to hold still for a little bit. I just want to be able to capture every moment of his life and not miss a beat. I want to remember all of the funny and crazy things that he does, I want to hold him in my arms forever, but I know that I can't. For now I will enjoy the time that I have with him, love him, support him, and be the best parent that I can for him. We thank Heavenly Father every single day for sending us such a precious child. 
*Yes I am definitely crying right now*
We love you Colt,
Mom and Dad
I love your blog!!! So fun to read about your little guy. He is precious. I was crying by the end of your post too. :) ha. Motherhood IS such a gift. Never knew how much joy it would bring. We sure loved seeing you guys tonight!
ReplyDeleteThis is the cutest post ever! I love reading your blog! Colt is beyond adorable and I really wish we lived closer. Boo on that! Aren't kids the greatest?? I think colt is ready for a sibling :) just sayin...
ReplyDelete